Thursday, June 30, 2005

I was a very bad mood last night and I didn't feel like getting off the couch, much less going for a run. I got home from work and realized I had nothing at home to eat. So I dragged myself to the grocery store and picked up something to eat. Got home, cooked, ate, and layed on the couch until 8 o'clock. I was wrapped up in a blanket and watching all kinds of garbage on t.v. I just didn't feel like doing anything! I think it was the weather. It was cold out and it felt like summer was over. Although I knew it wasn't I just couldn't break out of my funk. Luckily for me, my kind, caring boyfriend made me get my ass off the couch and lace up my running shoes. I made sure to scowl at him as I went out the door. Once outside, I immediately felt better and was glad it wasn't hot out. As I started to run it started raining out and I could hear thunder every now and then. I thought I wouldn't like running in the rain but it was actually great! I loved running in the rain and I will definitely do it again. I got home 2 mins. faster than I have in the past 2 weeks and I felt wonderful! My son saw me in the window when I was walking up to my house and yelled out to me, "Mom! There's a deer behind you!" I looked and sure enough a doe was right behind me on the road. She wasn't concerned at all that I was so close to her and leisurely walked up to my neighbors yard and started to eat from their tree. You don't realize how big deer are until you see them right in front of you!
My legs were a little sore after I got in the house but it only lasted an hour or so. I was so excited about my run and I felt so energized, I had a hard time going to sleep. I think I should start to run earlier in the day. The run completely took me out of my bad mood. I've never been this excited to exercise! I love how it doesn't feel like a chore to go and it's so much more fun than going to a gym to work out. Can't wait to run tomorrow!

1comments:

Anonymous E said...

Sorry to be commenting so much, but I totally relate. I've been trying to figure out what makes this time so different from other times I've tried to do it. Maybe it's the C25K program...I'm not sure!

Sun Aug 07, 06:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home