Sunday, August 28, 2005

And the winner is...............

The scale is no longer my sworn enemy! I am happy to report that the scale finally saw things my way and now we can truly call each other friends! (For now anyway. Next week I may be throwing it out the window.) I no longer have to live in self denial, claiming the scale MUST be broken, checking the batteries, swearing at it under my breath, for I have lost 2 pounds! I lost two pounds since last week's weigh-in! I have finally reached my July 1st goal! I'm a little behind, but that's okay because I made it! Now, if you don't mind, I have a few people and things I would like to thank: Lean Cuisines, you aren't always able to fill my insatiable appetite, but you try, and you taste pretty darn good doing it! Thank you and I will see you as always tomorrow at lunch. To my boyfriend, you made me go out and move my butt when I didn't feel like it. I may have grumbled a little and gave you dirty looks, and maybe I made a few comments about how you could stand to lose a few pounds yourself, heh heh, but I truly appreciated it.... most of the time. To my impossibly tight fitting jeans, I appreciate how you made me see without a doubt exactly how much weight I had gained, and I hope one day we can be reunited. Even though you are completely outdated, I would wear you with pride! And finally, I would like to thank...me! I am so proud of myself for aspiring to become a runner, changing some of my eating habits, and getting off my butt! And thank you to the people that have encouraged me to keep running! It means so much to me!

Okay, I think I had too much coffee this morning. I'm switching to water now.

1comments:

Blogger retrospect said...

Yea, you! Congratulations! I finally got to run again tonight and it felt great! I'm still ignoring my scale, but hopefully, one day, I will follow in your footsteps!

Mon Aug 29, 08:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home