Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Because apple pie tastes better than running!

I have a confession to make. (Gulp). I skipped a run. Sundays run. I skipped a run, and I ate apple pie instead. And it was good, real good. Yummy, delicious, homemade apple pie! Okay, it's not that big of deal, I admit that. Really, I am great at making mountains out of mole hills. Except that I haven't missed a run, (except on my vacation, but that don't count!), and I can't help but feel that I did something wrong! It's stupid, I know! But, the important thing is, I went running yesterday, according to plan. See, it's okay. I am not going to suddenly stop running. I can do this. I love this. Its my whole life! I eat, breathe, and sleep running! What would I do if I was to quit? Walk? Bleh! Elliptical? BOR-ING! Nope, I think I'm in way too deep. This running thing is the bestest :), hardest thing to ever happen to me, and I'm so glad I discovered it. Mondays run was hard, but when I got home I realized why that was. For one thing I ate way too close to running time. It was just a matter of poor planning on my part. So for half of the run I felt like I was going to get the chance to see what I ate again. And it wasn't that good the first time. But that didn't happen, thankfully. The other reason my run seemed so hard was because I was running faster than before. I got home in record time! I didn't realize I was running so fast but my lungs sure did! At one point I thought my lungs would explode, which I know isn't the best thing but I really just thought I was running as usual. Still, after it was over I felt great! Tired, but a good tired!

1comments:

Anonymous E said...

You just totally alleviated my guilt. I am skipping tonight. This, too, is my first time. I'm exhausted tired and it's my last night without my husband and kids here...So, I really just want to lay low and go to bed early. I am promising myself I will wake up early tomorrow morning to go! Then, I won't be guilty!

Tue Aug 16, 05:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home