Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I always feel like somebody's watching me

Last nights run was nothing short of fabulous! Seriously, it was great. I wish all my runs could be like that. But, as I have learned in a short amount of time, each run is as different and unique as snowflakes. Every time I have a good run I want desperately to believe that all my runs will be like that from then on out. But it's just not the way it is. I think I am going to start a log of what I eat everyday and see if nutrition has anything to do with a good run. Sometimes I feel like I have so much energy, and other times I am tired before I even begin and I'm counting down the seconds till it's over. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how I am eating. I try to eat healthy but I don't really pay much attention to how I eat in regard to running. Maybe I should though. I never have yet because I felt that's something that will come into play more when I am running longer distances.
On Sunday I ran with music for the first time. I received my mp3 player in the mail and I was so excited! I couldn't wait to try it out! The run was very disappointing however. The armband felt awkward, the earphone wires were hitting my chest as I ran and made an noise I could hear, and the music was not as distracting as I thought it would be. It was weird not to be able to hear my feet hit the ground and my breathing. However, I got home faster than before so I must have done something. Then yesterday I ran with my music again and it was like a whole different experience! It was everything I wanted it to be. My run increased this week to 9-1-9-1, but I did great! And I thank the music for that. How can you not run faster as Holla Back Girl is pumping through your headphones? I don't love the song but it makes you move! It was great, and now I think I am addicted to my mp3 player! I am a little concerned over the safety issues, but I am always on the lookout for traffic and I can still hear the cars before they approach. But that doesn't make me feel better about strangers. I read that thiefs and kidnappers will look for people that are distracted like those wearing headphones. That does scare me. I live in a small town where few things ever happen, but that doesn't mean I am immune to it. I also run where there are usually plenty of people out, and someone always knows where I am and when I will be back. I need some pepper spray. By the way, I don't recommend watching the E! channel, Inside a serial killers mind. I think that was what it was called. It will freak you out. It will make you hear every noise in the house late at night. It will make you not want to take a run, or take a shower, or come home by yourself, or go into the basement. That show made me sick to my stomach to watch, and I won't watch it again. I know that you can't live your life thinking something bad is around every corner but that show definitely puts thoughts in your head. My son is scared of monsters and makes me check his closet for him every now and then. I tell him time and time again that there is no such thing as monsters and nothing is going to harm him in the night. Well, that's not entirely truthful. There are monsters in this world. There are people that can harm you in the night. Little does he know, I also check my closet for the boogeyman before I go to bed at night.

1comments:

Blogger a.maria said...

hey, thanks for stopping by my blog... i too am struggling (as you probably read) with some more difficult runs. after talking to pretty much anyone that would listen, i've decided it mostly has to do with nutrition... i dont know why i didnt think of it before, but you've got a great idea, to start keeping track of what you eat/how you run. i think i might do the same.
anyway, its always fun to add someone to our running blog family. check out my links for more beginning runners, and some experienced ones (they give the best advice!!)... we're all in this together!
keep on truckin!

Fri Aug 12, 06:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home