Thursday, August 04, 2005

You should listen when your butler talks

I haven't blogged for a long time. I don't really know why . I guess I've just been lazy. Which is a shame because I started this blog to keep track of my running and I'm not even using it. I am still running, and following the program faithfully. I have yet to miss a run, and I am really proud of myself for that. Can you imagine, me, actually sticking to something?? Amazing. Even though its only a 3 times a week, I still feel good for sticking to it for 6 weeks. I usually get bored real quick and give up. But you know, if you always give up, you will never achieve anything in life. Ha, ha, its funny where I heard that from. While I was stretching after a run outside my house, I could hear the TV from through the window. It was Fresh Prince of Bel Air on, and the butler was telling Hillary that! I'm not saying I didn't know that before, but I was actually like, yeah, that is so true. You can't spend your life always taking the easy way out of things. Maybe some day I will find out that running just isn't my thing, but I owe it to myself to find out, and not just quit because it's hard and I didn't feel like it. So, I am sticking to my running program like my life depended on it. I am not letting me talk myself out of it by being negative about my running. You know those nagging little thoughts that say you can't do this, you should be faster, you shouldn't be so out of breath, you look funny running, yadda, yadda, yadda. I know I can't always stop those thoughts from happening, but I won't let them be an excuse to stop running. After all, I'm not trying to be the best runner in the world, I am just trying to be fit and active and feel good about myself.
Now on to the running. I am now up to 1-6-1-6-1. I am actually running for 6 minutes straight!!! Yea, me! And only 2 minutes of walking in a 20 minute time frame! How exciting! I can't wait to be running for 20 minutes at a time without walking. But here is the weird part for me. I always take the exact same route when I run. I start out with 5 mins. of walking then do my segments. When I first started running I was clocking in at 28 mins. total. Then I was mostly walking so it was pretty slow. After awhile, I started to get at 26 mins. Still slow, but its progress! This last run I took , which was the longest I've run at one time, 18 total mins., I got back in 28 mins again!! What the.....?!?!?! So I walk faster than I run?!?!?! It was extremely humid out that day, the air was so thick it was hard to breath. But still, I walk faster than I run? My other question would be this, when I run in the same time as it would take me to run it,(pretty much), do I burn more calories from running, or is it the same amount? I am working so much harder, sweating like a pig, so how could it be the same calorie amount? But then again, if I am back in the same time, how could it be more? Questions, questions, questions. I wish I knew someone who was a runner because I constantly have questions about things and I have no one to turn too. It would also be nice to have a running partner once in a while. I haven't even found a runners group in my area. Oh well. If anyone ever reads this, if you can enlighten me, please do.

1comments:

Anonymous E said...

The message boards on coolrunning.com are really helpful! They have one section that is purely for new runners! I don't comment on it, but I read it often for inspiration and answers to my questions!

Sun Aug 07, 06:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home