Thursday, September 01, 2005

Perfect 10

My run was just perfect. Total perfection. I set out determined, and excited, yet completely calm. I knew if I wanted to make this run comfortable I should slow down my pace and just relax and enjoy the run. So that is exactly what I did and it was amazing. It is such a great feeling to go out on your run and know it's just you and the road, alone on this journey, until you reach your destination. My legs got me there, by running, the entire time! It was a great feeling of accomplishment. And I also realized something important on this run. For the last few weeks I have been pushing myself unnecessarily. I have been telling myself in a very unconscious way that I need to get faster. Before I have even completed my first training schedule! How stupid of me is that? In the back of my head I keep saying to myself, okay, when you get home in this amount of time, then it's like you are a real runner! Well, I am through, for now, comparing myself to anyone. I have just started this thing and it only matters what I can do, how fast I can go, and I will get there in my own pace. So on Monday I ran slower, and I got home about 3 minutes later, but I felt great! I ran the whole run and I felt like I could keep going, I didn't feel completely out of breath, and I really, truly, enjoyed the run! I know a little secret and I am I so glad I discovered it! I can't wait until tonight's run. Now I feel like a real runner.

2comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Yay!! I TOTALLY get that! Good for you!!

Fri Sep 02, 05:28:00 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Double yeah!! It's a secret I have to learn over and over again, unfortunately!!

Sun Sep 04, 05:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home