Monday, October 17, 2005

Piece of cake!

I did it! I ran my first race and it was great! Really things couldn't have gone better. The weather was great, cool but not cold, a little bit sunny, and clear. And the trail that we ran on was just gorgeous. Running through a wooded area in the fall is just breath-taking. I was really nervous on the way to the race, but once I was running, it was impossible to stay nervous in such a beautiful setting. I can honestly say I loved being involved in this event! It was an awesome experience and I can't wait to do it again! I want to write more about the race but I am at work right now so I will write some more later on tonight. But I will say that I beat my goal of 39 minutes and came in at 37:14!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

3comments:

Blogger jeanne said...

Congrats!!! Great job! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Mon Oct 17, 04:42:00 PM  
Anonymous E said...

Yea, Chris! Great job!

Mon Oct 17, 06:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! WELL DONE! Watch out tho, you will be HOOKED soon and life will never be the same!
Congratulations on sticking with it - you are pretty much where I was 2 yrs ago - just starting out, pretty optimistic and determined but a bit scared of all those 'real runners'. I was right where you are now (only waaaay older LOL) and last weekend I ran my first half-marathon (brag brag, although I'm still a bit scared of real runners!). So watch out - who knows where your feet will take you?
cheers and have a great day
LBTEPA

Mon Oct 17, 06:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home