Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ok, it was only 2 miles....but still!

Ya know what? I ran- OUTDOORS- in the winter time! And I didn't die of cold! WOW, who knew I could do it? I don't know why I chose yesterday of all days to run outside. It was the coldest it's been so far, I certainly could have picked a warmer day. Maybe I wanted to face the temps at there coldest to see if I could actually stand it. It wasn't the greatest experience of my life, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. And best of all, I didn't fall down once. I thought for sure I would slip on the ice, ya know, just as a car was driving past! But I didn't! I didn't even buy any new clothes for the occasion. I layered myself with what I found around the house, and I looked like a damn fool, but I stayed warm, maybe a little too warm, and I think I am going to do it again real soon. Thanks to everyone who offered me encouragement. I know I wouldn't have even got myself out there to give it try if it weren't for you guys!

Jeanne, I am soooo going to work on my paragraphs. ANYONE would have trouble reading white letters on orange!

6comments:

Blogger Lara said...

WooHoo!!!! Excellent!

Tue Dec 06, 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick said...

Way to go. Running outside is the best. Once you're out there its great.

Wed Dec 07, 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger a.maria said...

so that makes you like an official hardcore runner!

me? i've uh... i've THOUGHT about running outside. a lot even. but ummm... well lets just say i'm really good at coming up with excuses!

although reading that you didnt turn into a human ice block... maybe i WILL try it.

ya know.... next weekend!

Sun Dec 18, 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

chris, come back!! UPDATE US!! and thanks for thinking of me when you hit that enter key and make me some groovy p-grafs!
:)

Sun Jan 01, 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Xavierism said...

Hi Chris! I need your inspiration! I hope to fun a 5K in a few weeks. I'm quiet excited. I'm slowly on my way to running on a regular basis.

Take care...

~X~

http://xavierism.livejournal.com/

PS...Hope you don't mind if I add a link to your blog. Hope you update soon!

*CHEERS*

Wed May 17, 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger a.maria said...

ummmmmm... where'd ya go?! its been a while since you've updated, just thought i'd check in!

Thu Sep 14, 12:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home